Sandbach College Student Union (SCSU)
Sandbach College Student Union (SCSU) are an ambitious, student-led team, who are the voice of Sandbach College students. We are a community who represent the diverse and vibrant nature of the students who study at our College. We work hard with the students to make this College a safe and enjoyable place to be!
We meet every two weeks to discuss and feedback on matters around College and what we can do to bring about the changes that you want to see.
- promoting the interests and wellbeing of Sandbach College Students during their course of study
- providing social, cultural and recreational activities as well as forums for discussions and debate for the personal development of fellow Students
"Students and pupils benefit from a wide range of extra-curricular and enrichment activities. Through these activities, they are empowered by staff to develop their character and voice their opinions. " OFSTED Report Dec 22
- This year we have raised over £1000 for The British Red Cross in response to the Ukraine crisis, £40 for Crisis UK and £30 for Stonewall (as part of LGBTQ+ History month)
- Organisation of the collection for the Ukraine crisis. Where we collected 17 boxes worth of essential items to be sent to the refugee camps along the Ukraine-Poland border.
- Assemblies delivered to both College and main school this year include:
- Mental health and wellbeing
- LGBTQ+ History Month
- Black History Month
- Ukraine charity fundraising
- Set-up and run a range of societies to enrich students time at Sandbach College. To name a few: Debate Club, Medic Society, Film Society, Wellbeing Society and College Sport Club.
- Last year we raised over £500 for Alder Hey Children's Charity through the completion of a Charity Skydive.
- Successfully set-up a recycling scheme within the College, which includes turning our used crisp packets into blankets for the homeless.
- Organise and run inter-form competitions and College events, such as our annual Christmas Quiz.
- Organisation of a food drive, collecting food for our local food bank at Christmas.
- Introduction of a peer-mentor scheme with lower-school students. Where we have partnered up with Mrs Knott to organise robust training for our future mentors.
- Hosting of an Afghan refugee, where we produced an engaging timetable and welcomed her into our College. We put together some resources to support her in learning our language.
Through student voice we have driven changes to our canteen menu, provided a free room timetable for private study, got a kettle & microwave for the common room and we attend regular meetings with the College Team.